Monday, April 28, 2008

Don't be so emotional akki...

I've had a lot of people tell me... "Akki, you're too emotional" or "kyun tum itna senti maarti ho?"
there are people who have stopped talking to me only cuz i'm emotional...
But ppl, this is the way i am... I am emotional. There's nothing wrong with that...
Everyone's like, akki, itna emotional hone se kaam nahin chal ta... i agree.. but its not like i'm always emotional.. its not like i'm always so "Oh My God, this or that person hurt me, or scolded me or bla bla bull shit..."

There are times jab mujhe koi farak nahin padta ki koi kuch bol raha hai.. koi kuch kar raha hai... and to see.. i'm not even remotely emotional about ppl i don't give a damn about.. im only emotional about ppl whom i care about.. people who i call.. Friends... Now i don't see anything wrong in that... and many people among them need to know that i'm not always emotional about them...

And guys.. believe me.. i've been affected enough by all these things to try not to be emotional.. and i have damn well succeeded... but they say na.. a person's fitrat (it's an urdu word which kinda means the 'main characteristics of a person'.. or the 'main idea' behind the person's thinking) doesn't change.... I don't want it to change...

A friend of mine just a while ago asked me... ' why do you care akruti, why do you care if a person is pissed off at you, or is not talking to you...' But its not about caring if the person is pissed off at me.. or whatever bull crap the person is thinking abt me...
for me its the alteration in behaviour... i don't know why.. but i get a very queasy feeling if someone's behaviour changes... i, for one, don't like changes...

But then.. its always like that.. everybody changes.. another friend of mine puts it in this way: "Akki... I'm not static.. i can't be the same always... nobody remains the same always.." But its not a change in who you are... it is the change in your behaviour that affects me...

I know for a fact that i won't be able to explain this concept to anyone... so i'll not even try... not that i haven't.. but nobody gets it... but i agree with my friend who says... why do i care..
Exactly... why do i care...

Me being emotional... atleast in front of people has to change...

Just one question though... is it really so bad to be emotional/sentimental?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

ur friend who says y do u care akki is absolutely rite, m wid him/her
maar goli akki...
tujhe emotional hona hai ho, it isnt bad. wat is bad is showing some1 dat u r weak, not dat u r sentimental....
as long as u dnt gv dem dat chance dat dey try and use ur emotional side on u...let dem go to hell...

Ragamalika said...

it aint bad to be emo.. but I s'pose people aren't made to take it like that...
I personally would get scared and run away from someone who's senti about me for whatever reason, cos a) I can't return it. b) There's no need for them to behave that particular way. c) I try and keep away from this cos I can't be the same with ppl always!
I need space. People need space. And too many emotions sometimes strangle you... ppl are scared of that!
:)

Akki said...

@ raga: Maybe so... but a person emo about you won't be asking you to compromise on space.. that's what me thinks.. space and all is a different story...
and about returning it... to each his/her own... an emo person should ofcourse have brains that not everyone is like him/her...

Anadi said...

well said.

But there are points I wouldn't agree.
Emotions are good akki, but over emotional is what is called being Sentimental. There is a difference between Sensible and Sentimental, rite?

and i agree with adi and raga at the same time.

Weakness should not be shown, be emotional, but take care that people do not take you for granted or know your weakness.

And lastly, be emotional...emotions are to be felt, not talked...
Emotions are higher than words...dont cramp them into sentences and phrases..:)

Be what you are from inside, but have a Rhinoceros skin...;)

Anonymous said...

i have several things to say here..
one there is nothing wrong with being emotional but letting yr emotions control all affairs of your life is unwise...second there is a differnce in being emotional and being possessive due to the emotional feeling you have...
for me its the alteration in behaviour... i don't know why.. but i get a very queasy feeling if someone's behaviour changes... i, for one, don't like changes...But its not a change in who you are... it is the change in your behaviour that affects me... well i dont see a difference between a person's change in behavior and the change within him...the reason is that one must ve conceived some notion and then only changed his behavior towards you...if the behavior changes it is clearly evident he/she is not comfortable with you doing a particular thing as far as he is associated with u..
Me being emotional... atleast in front of people has to change... in my opinion is not the right approach...its like saying i want to be a different person altogether coz ppl dont seem to understand..its not like that..i think the world is nasty and you have to be careful in showing your real self but if you stop yr expression even in front of frendz you are loss......and besides if a friend says you are too emotional, he must have thot something n said and he definately wants yr good...maybe its a just a way of showing his concern 4u..coz the friend cares and tats y he cares to tell u are emotional and you need to be careful from the world...
lastly its not bad to be emotional...trust me its not...bt if a friend says smth one has to perceive it with an open mind and change or in better words alter situations for every1s good..
"Akki... I'm not static.. i can't be the same always... nobody remains the same always.."..i think you ever has said it makes sense..changes are inevitable..will happen and all of us have to deal with them...i have had the most difficult times accepting changes in my life..my reasons were coz i was too adamant and tend fall in love with a particular lifestyle very soon...but i had to accept changes whether i liked it or not..life is like that...it teaches you to become flexible from one time to another and YOU HAVe to whether you like it or not....nothing is permanent in this world except values..
(these is purely my opinion:))

Akki said...

@ aashika
I agree with almost everything your saying... but applying some of those things are rather difficult...

One thing is.. for me.. the change in behavior and the change in the person itself are two different things...
but again.. as u said.. change in a person's behavior towards you, indicate a lot of things...

and.. when i say.. ".. it needs to change" i don't mean change myself.. its just changing my approach towards it..

thanks for the comment :)

Akki said...

@ Anadi

Rhinoceros skin.. a very interesting concept.. i'm gonna apply that one..

I agree with what you say overall too.. and its a tried and tested formula... :)

Nina C said...

akkiiiiiiii....having known you for 2 years,i know that caring for your frens is a part of who you are..but it is also true that u shouldnt get too emotional especially with pple who cant return it,or care for you.But yeniways,keep caring,i dont know too many pple who do...muuaaaahhh:)

Anonymous said...

let the world change and be what they want to be....you on the other hand, stick to being yourself and do what you want to do...this life is too short to adjust ourselves for the whims and moods of others...i have not known you for years...but i can vouch for the fact that you are one of the nicest people i have met in my life...