Friday, March 21, 2008

Between You and God anyway!

This is one of my most favorite forward messages... it talks about a way of life, which is difficult to follow; but if one would follow it, he or she would be much happier.

People are often unreasonable and self-centred; forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motvies; be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you; be honest anyways.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous; be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tommorow; do good anyway.
Give the world the best you've got and it may never be enough; give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it's between you and God; It never was between you and them anyways!

First of all, my concept of God.. its not religion.. it's spiritual. Its like my friend Anadi puts it, "You and your relationship with God is a very personal and private thing"
I don't believe in religion... so here.. God means something different to me.. something inexplicable, so we may have a God's image in our mind and relate this poem in different ways from each other...

Anyways.
Now, the forward.. its a very beautifully put up piece of writing... and according to me very true. Though people say everything you do should have a purpose, and even better, it should be profitable; sometimes you should do things that are selfless... just for doing it, to spread kindness, to be happy. "To do something just because you want to do it, for your own happiness, " according to my friend raga (read her latest blog post; you'll find her blog on the list of blogs at the corner")
Not meaning to preach here... But i live my life for the main goal of happiness; directly and indirectly everyone is doing exactly that...

5 comments:

Ragamalika said...

Methinks you misunderstood me! I don't believe in selflessness... quite the opposite. I believe in selfishness. Doing things for yourself - just because! Without any ulterior motives like charity or kindness or whatever!

Nice post btw. Love the "... anyway" thing. I saw it on a poster in my friend's bedroom wall actually..

And about God... Well, I'm a li'l confused on that front!

Akki said...

i believe more on the selflessness part... though i don't say its wrong to be selfish either, it can also be said that being selfless can also be selfish; if it makes oneself happy...

Ragamalika said...

Tagged!
http://rgmlk-is-sane.blogspot.com/

Anadi said...

Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!